COVID-19: Kuwait diplomats, health workers excluded from entry ban

Cairo: Kuwaiti civil aviation authorities have said that a temporary ban on non-Kuwaits’ entry does not apply to medical workers and diplomats.

###

Last week, Kuwait declared the two-week ban, which takes effect as of tomorrow as part of a series of measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus.

###

Kuwait so far has reported a total of 169,190 coronavirus concerns and 964 related deaths amid concerns over an increase of infections in the country.

###

The Kuwaiti Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) said in a circular to airlines operating in the country that medical workers at government and private hospitals as well as diplomats are excluded from the ban, Al Qabas newspaper reported.

###

Hotel quarantine

###

Also excluded are first-degree relatives of Kuwaiti citizens and their escorts of registered domestic workers.

###

The measures also impose as of February 21 a mandatory seven-day hotel quarantine on all passengers arriving in Kuwait at their expense. Upon the end of the institutional quarantine period, passengers will have to undergo domestic quarantine for seven more days.

###

As part of the latest restrictions, all gyms, health centres and salons will be closed for one month, beginning Sunday.

Leave A Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *