COVID-19: Kuwait records 668 new cases, 4 deaths

Cairo: Kuwait has confirmed 668 new cases of the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, taking the country’s overall infections to 73,068, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported Tuesday.

###

The latest cases comprise 432 Kuwaitis and 236 foreign residents, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said in an update.

###

All the new cases were in touch with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection and identifying those who were in contact, he added.

###

Four new deaths from COVID-19 were announced, bringing Kuwait’s total such fatalities to 486.

###

There are 110 patients receiving intensive care treatment, Dr Al Sanad said.

###

Kuwait’s total virus tests have reached 539,461 so far after 3,658 tests have been done over the past 24 hours, the official said.

###

The Health Ministry also reported that 731 more patients have recovered from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, raising to 64,759 the total number of recoveries from the disease in Kuwait.

###

Kuwait has recently set into motion a plan to gradually return to normal life.

###

The Morning and Evening BriefClick Here: United Kingdom Rugby Jerseys

Leave A Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *