COVID-19: Kuwait registers 684 further cases, 4 deaths

Cairo: Kuwait has confirmed 684 new cases of the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, taking the total infections to 63,309, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported Saturday, citing a health official.

###

The latest cases comprise 422 Kuwaitis and 262 foreign residents, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said.

###

All the new cases were in touch with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection and identifying those who were in contact, he added.

###

See also

  • COVID -19: European summit has a different look with masked up world leaders

  • COVID -19: Look how American schools plan for a September restart

  • Photos: Teddy bears help to maintian social distancing at a Mexican restaurant

  • COVID-19 updates from around the world: Tokyo Olympics depend on treatment

###

Four new deaths from COVID-19 were announced, bringing Kuwait’s total such fatalities to 429.

###

There are 123 patients receiving intensive care treatment, the official added in a media update.

###

Kuwait’s total virus tests have reached 483,320 so far after 3,909 tests have been done over the past 24 hours, Dr Al Sanad said.

###

The Health Ministry reported that 692 more patients have recovered from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, raising to 53,607 the total number of recoveries from the disease.

###

Kuwait has recently eased virus-induced restrictions as part of a phased plan to return life to normalcy.

###

Starting from Tuesday, a nighttime curfew in the country will be reduced to six hours a day while hotels and resorts will be opened. Fifty per cent of government and private sector employees will return to work.

###

The Morning and Evening BriefClick Here: geelong cats guernsey 2019

Leave A Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *