COVID-19: Kuwait reports 514 new cases, 4 deaths

Cairo: Kuwait has confirmed 514 new cases of the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, an increase of 42 cases against the tally of the previous day, taking the country’s overall infections to 71,713, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported Sunday.

###

The latest cases comprise 359 Kuwaitis and 155 foreign residents, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said in an update.

###

All the new cases were in touch with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection and identifying those who were in contact, he added.

###

Four new deaths from COVID-19 were announced, bringing Kuwait’s total such fatalities to 478.

###

There are 115 patients receiving intensive care treatment, Dr Al Sanad said.

###

Kuwait’s total virus tests have reached 532,353 so far after 3,223 tests have been done over the past 24 hours, Dr Al Sanad said.

###

The Health Ministry also reported that 713 more patients have recovered from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, raising to 63,519 the total number of recoveries from the disease in Kuwait.

###

Kuwait has recently set into motion a plan to gradually return to normal life.

###

Last week, the Gulf country started reducing a nighttime curfew to six hours a day while 50 per cent of government and private sector employees were allowed to return to work.

###

The Morning and Evening BriefClick Here: Maori All Blacks Store

Leave A Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *