COVID-19: Kuwait reports 620 new cases, 1 death

Cairo: Kuwait has confirmed 620 new cases of the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, a drop of 31 cases against the tally of the previous day, taking the country’s overall infections to 70,045, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported Thursday.

###

The latest cases are 423 Kuwaitis and 197 foreign residents, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said.

###

All the new cases were in touch with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection and identifying those who were in contact, he added.

###

The official announced one new death from COVID-19, bringing Kuwait’s total such fatalities to 469.

###

There are 127 patients receiving intensive care treatment, Dr Al Sanad added.

###

Kuwait’s total virus tests have reached 522,200 far after 3,599 tests have been done over the past 24 hours, Dr Al Sanad said.

###

The Health Ministry also said that 704 more patients have recovered from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, raising to 61,610 the total number of recoveries from the disease in Kuwait.

###

Kuwait has recently eased virus-induced restrictions under a plan to gradually return to normal life.

###

Last week, the Gulf country began cutting a nighttime curfew to six hours a day while hotels and resorts were reopened. Fifty per cent of government and private sector employees were allowed to go to work.

###

The Morning and Evening Brief

Leave A Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *