COVID-19: Kuwait shuts down biggest quarantine facility following steady decline in infections

Cairo: Kuwait has closed its biggest quarantine facility amid a steady decline in daily coronavirus infection rates in the country, a local newspaper reported Friday.

###

The quarantine was set up by the Ministry of Public Works at the Jaber Al Ahmed Stadium to deal with the coronavirus cases.

###

More than 5,000 people ill with the infectious disease have been treated in the site over the past 10 months, Al Jarida reported, citing a health official.

###

”The shutdown came after major success made by concerted national efforts and in cooperation with the competent agencies,” head of the quarantine Dr Mohammed Al Jasmi said.

###

He added that the quarantine had the biggest accommodation capacity among the country’s health facilities. “It was the first defence line against the pandemic,” he said.

###

Kuwait so far has registered a total of 145,495 virus cases and 910 related fatalities.

Leave A Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *