COVID-19: Oman to end nighttime ban tomorrow

Cairo: Oman has said it will end a nighttime ban on the movement of individuals and vehicles starting from Saturday (tomorrow) until further notice, easing restrictions earlier imposed to limit the spread of the coronavirus.

###

Earlier this month, the Gulf country announced a week-long lockdown that started on May 8, effectively halting commercial activities throughout the day as part of measures to fight COVID-19.

Click Here: football tracksuits###

The country’s state supreme committee tasked with confronting COVID -19 said Thursday the resumption of commercial activities for customers inside stores in all governorates of the sultanate will be prohibited daily between 8pm and 4am while services of deliveries and handling will be allowed, local media reported. Exempted from this restriction are food stores.

###

The panel added that a limit to entry into complexes, shops, restaurants and coffee shops will remain in force, allowing 50 per cent of the normal capacity during the period when customers are received.

###

Online assignments

###

The committee also announced resuming an earlier decision reducing the number of employees attending the workplace at the state administrative units and other public institutions to 50 per cent of the whole staff. Employees, who do not report to workplaces, will perform their assignments online.

###

The committee cited a “gradual decrease” in COVID-19 infection rates and the number of patients at the intensive care units in the country over the past few days.

###

Oman so far has confirmed a total of 202,713 virus cases and 2,148 related fatalities.

Leave A Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *