Kuwait braces for second coronavirus wave; hires medical workers from Pakistan

Cairo: Kuwait is gearing up for a potential second wave of the global new coronavirus by planning to recruit medical workers from abroad to support their Kuwaiti counterparts, a media report said Sunday.

###

Kuwait so far has recorded a total of 84,224 virus cases and 528 deaths from COVID-19 as the country has recently eased virus-related curbs.

###

See also

  • In pictures: ‘Ring of fire’ solar eclipse wows across Asia

  • Photos: Biennial Kuwait Aviation Show kicks off with flypasts

  • COVID-19: How India plans repatriation of stranded citizens from UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UK and rest of the world

  • In pictures: Rafael Nadal launches new tennis academy in Kuwait

###

Kuwaiti Health Ministry will seek in “the next days” assistance of doctors and nurses specialised in intense care, anesthesia and pulmonary diseases from outside the country, Al Jarida newspaper quoted health sources as saying.

###

The first batch will be around 500 doctors and nurses from Pakistan, the sources added. “They will arrive in the next few weeks after their recruitment procedures are finalised,” the sources said.

###

Pakistan is among 32 countries from which Kuwait earlier this month banned flights due to health concerns.

###

Over the last four months, the Kuwaiti Health Ministry has hired medical teams from Cuba and Jordan, according to the report.

###

On Sunday, Kuwait lifted a health curfew imposed over five months ago as part of measures to contain the spread of COVID-19.

###

The Morning and Evening BriefClick Here: NRL Telstra Premiership

Leave A Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *