Kuwait records 502 new COVID-19 cases in downward trend

Cairo: Kuwait has confirmed 502 new cases of the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, a drop of 120 cases against the tally reported the day before, taking the country’s overall infections to 79,269, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported Friday.

###

All the new cases were in contact with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection and identifying those who were in contact, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said in an update.

###

See more

  • Photos: Shoppers throng re-opened malls and shopping centres in Kuwait City

  • Photos: Lockdown lifted in Kuwait’s Mahboula

  • Gulf War: Thirty years ago, Iraq invaded Kuwait

  • In pictures: Rafael Nadal launches new tennis academy in Kuwait

###

Two more deaths from COVID-19 were announced, bringing Kuwait’s total such fatalities to 511.

###

There are 95 patients receiving intensive care treatment, Dr Al Sanad said.

###

Kuwait’s total virus tests have climbed to 581,118 after 3,530 tests have been done over the past 24 hours, the official added.

###

The Health Ministry also reported that 622 more patients have recovered from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, bringing to 71,264 the overall number of recoveries from the disease in Kuwait.

###

In recent weeks, Kuwait has eased virus-related restrictions. A partial health curfew will be lifted in the country starting August 30.

###

The Morning and Evening Brief

Leave A Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *