Kuwait records 682 new COVID-19 cases, tally at 70,727

Cairo: Kuwait has recorded 682 new cases of the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, an increase of 62 cases against the tally of the previous day, taking the country’s overall infections to 70,727, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported Friday.

###

The latest cases are 461 Kuwaitis and 221 foreign residents, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said.

###

See more

  • Photos: Lockdown lifted in Kuwait’s Mahboula

  • Iraqi invasion of Kuwait and Gulf War, through the pages of Gulf News

  • COVID-19: How India plans repatriation of stranded citizens from UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UK and rest of the world

  • Gulf War: Thirty years ago, Iraq invaded Kuwait

###

All the new cases were in touch with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection and identifying those who were in contact, he added.

###

Two new deaths from COVID-19 were announced, bringing Kuwait’s total such fatalities to 471.

###

There are 124 patients receiving intensive care treatment, Dr Al Sanad said.

###

Kuwait’s total virus tests have reached 526,286 far after 4,086 tests have been done over the past 24 hours, Dr Al Sanad said.

###

The Health Ministry also reported that 720 more patients have recovered from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, raising to 62,330 the total number of recoveries from the disease in Kuwait.

###

Kuwait has recently eased virus-induced restrictions under a plan to gradually return to normal life.

###

Last week, the Gulf country began cutting a nighttime curfew to six hours a day while hotels and resorts were reopened. Fifty per cent of government and private sector employees were allowed to go to work.

###

The Morning and Evening Brief

Leave A Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *