WWE Lands Major Sponsor For SummerSlam, Pro Wrestling-MMA, DVD Sales
— WWE will be working with 7-11 convenience stores to promote SummerSlam, according to PWInsider.com. Between this major sponsorship deal, legendary rock band Aerosmith providing the event’s theme song and WWE holding the first-ever Summerslam AXXESS fanfest, it’s clear they’re going all out to make this year’s Summerslam a major event.
— USAToday.com is featuring an article looking at 9 people before Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley who succesfully transitioned from pro wretling to mixed martial arts.
— Here are this week’s top selling Recreational Sports DVDs selling from Billboard.com:
1. WWE: Wrestlemania: 25th Anniversary
2. WWE: Macho Madness: The Randy Savage Ultimate Collection
3. WWE: John Cena: My Life
4. UFC: Best Of 2008
5. WWE: Judgment Day 2009
6. WWE: Greatest Stars Of The 90s
7. Phil Mickelson: Secrets Of The Short Game
8. UFC 92: Nogueira Vs. Mir
9. WWE: Backlash 2009
10. TNA Wrestling: Lockdown 2009: Six Sides Of Steel
** Rey Mysterio UNMASKED During Match With Chris Jericho In Japan (PICTURES)