WWE RAW Results – March 21, 2016
With less than two weeks to go until Wrestlemania 32, WWE returns to Philadelphia, PA tonight for Monday Night RAW.
– Stephanie McMahon comes out to address the crowd to open up the show. She cuts a promo on Roman Reigns, which brings out the former WWE champion. Reigns comes out to the ring and takes the mic from her. He says he’s going her to beat her husband and take his title back at WrestleMania. Steph goes to slap him but he blocks it and heads to the back.
– Kevin Owens def. AJ Styles: Owens starts off trying to keep Styles grounded. Styles dropkicks Owens to the outside and they brawl around ringside. Back in the ring, Styles hits Owens with some strikes and a reverse powerbomb for a 2-count. AJ misses a Pele kick, and Owens misses a cannonball in the corner. Styles hits a fireman’s carry into a backbreaker on Owens for another 2. Styles misses a hurricanrana off the top, and Owens hits a big frog splash for a 2 count. AJ hits a Pele kick and both men are down. AJ gets Owens in the Torture Rack and spins him around into a slam for another 2 count. AJ hits a sunset flip powerbomb on Owens for yet another 2 count. AJ sets up for the Phenomenal Forearm but Jericho comes out on the mic and distracts him. Owens rolls him up in a School Boy for the 1-2-3. Styles chases Jericho to the back after the match.
– While Owens is still in the ring, Dolph Ziggler and The Miz interrupt and argue about who deserves an Intercontinental Title shot at WrestleMania. Sami Zayn comes out next and says he wants his shot at Owens. Owens says none of them deserve a shot, but if they fight each other first, the winner can face him at WrestleMania for his title belt.
– Dean Ambrose is cutting a promo at a bar when he’s interrupted by Terry Funk. Funk gives him a chainsaw, which prompts an ‘ECW’ chant from the crowd. Ambrose starts it in the bar and chops up a table.
– Backstage, Stephanie McMahon tells Kevin Owens she approves of his idea for a triple threat match to determine the #1 contender for his WWE Intercontinental Championship.
– Big E vs. Rusev: Big E dominates the match in the opening moments. Rusev gets in some offense but Big E hits a series of belly to belly suplexes. He goes for a big splash but Rusev gets his knees up and hits a spinning heel kick for a 2. Rusev goes for the clutch but Big E lifts up Rusev and drops him. Sheamus gets on the apron and argues with the ref so Rusev spears him to the outside. Back in the ring, Big E hits the Big Ending on Rusev for the 1-2-3.
– Backstage, The Wyatt Family cuts a promo about new beginnings.
– The Big Show comes out and cuts a promo about the Andre The Giant memorial battle royal at WrestleMania, but he’s interrupted by The Social Outcasts. They tell The Big Show he’s in serious trouble and they hit the ring and beat down Big Show. Kane comes out for the save and lays out The Outcasts. Big Show hugs Kane and yells “Kane’s the man.” Big Show climbs the turnbuckle to celebrate, and Kane chokeslams him off.
– Chris Jericho def. Fandango: Jericho starts the match off by pummeling Fandango to the ground and chopping him in the corner. Jericho yells at him that he is a “stupid man.” JBL says Jericho is “the greatest Canadian of all time.” He goes to lock Fandango in the Walls of Jericho, but AJ Styles comes out and distracts him. Fandango goes to roll up Jericho, but Jericho gets out and hits the Codebreaker for the win.
– AJ hits the ring after the match, and Jericho retreats to the back. On the way back he uses a WWE production crew member as a human shield. AJ gets on the mic and challenges Jericho to a match at WrestleMania 32.
– They show a video about the upcoming Shane McMahon vs. Undertaker match at WrestleMania. They interview Renzo Gracie and Shane’s other training partners, and show some of the history between Shane and Vince.
– Kevin Owens comes out to introduce the competitors in the triple threat match for the #1 contendership for his Intercontinental Championship. He first introduces Stardust first, Sin Cara second, and finally Zack Ryder.
– Zack Ryder vs. Stardust vs. Sin Cara – No Contest: Sin Cara and Stardust throw Ryder to the outside early on, and Sin Cara gets a 2-count over Stardust after a springboard hurricanrana. Sin Cara hits a springboard moonsault to the outside onto Stardust and Ryder at ringside. Sami Zayn, The Miz and Dolph Ziggler out and confront Kevin Owens. Owens throws Ryder down to the ground which makes the match a disqualification. All 7 men at the ring area start brawling, but eventually stop when they realize Owens has retreated to the back.
– Backstage, Stephanie McMahon is on the phone saying she feels uneasy about Roman Reigns. Kevin Owens interrupts and complains about having 6 men attacking him. She says he will now have to defend his Intercontinental Title against all 6 of those guys in a ladder match at WrestleMania 32.
– Triple H picks up Stephanie in a limo in the back and they go to leave. As the garage door pulls up, it shows Roman Reigns standing there. He pulls Triple H out of the limo and beats him down. Triple H fights his way back into the limo and they pull off.
– Charlotte def. Natalya: Natalya controls the opening moments, but Charlotte comes back and hits some of her father’s signature chops to the chest in the corner. Natalya hits a sit down powerbomb for a 2 count. Natalya gets the sharpshooter but Charlotte reaches the ropes. Charlotte hits the Natural Selection for the win.
– Bubba Ray def. R-Truth: Bubba controls the match early on. R-Truth comes back with a flying forearm and a splash in the corner. D-Von distracts R-Truth from the apron and turns back around to walk into a big boot from Bubba. Bubba gets the pinfall victory. Goldust comes out for the save, but instead receives a 3-D. The Usos come out and lay out The Dudleys with superkicks. The Usos throw a table in the ring, but The Dudleys escape and head to the back.
– Vince McMahon struts down to the ring to make an announcement regarding his son’s Hell In A Cell match at WrestleMania against The Undertaker. Vince says his “former son” Shane is the most formidable opponent Undertaker has ever faced at WrestleMania. Vince reminds people that, as Shane said, The Undertaker is his “bitch.” Vince says if Undertaker doesn’t beat Shane then WM 32 will be Undertaker’s last WrestleMania ever.
– Braun Strowman def. Dean Ambrose via DQ: Paul Heyman joins the commentary team for this one. Strowman keeps Ambrose grounded in the opening moments, but Ambrose gets in some offense including a stiff slap to the face. Ambrose hits a suicide dive on Strowman to the outside. Back in the ring, Ambrose hits a series of flying forearms on Strowman. He goes for the Dirty Deeds, but Strowman reverses. Ambrose grabs a steel chair from ringside and goes to work on Strowman. Ambrose hits the Dirty Deeds onto Strowman onto the chair.
- Video: Shinsuke Nakamura Wants Rematch With Brock Lesnar In WWE, Watch Their NJPW Match Here